MUSL does not sell any services or goods, nor do we place any cookies on our site that target users for certain advertisements (“ads”). We also do not solicit donations or manage volunteers to assist us in performing our mission, which is to assist certain lotteries in offering multi-jurisdictional lottery games. We provide information about the games that are operated and offered by those lotteries. Ads shown on our websites are not goods or services offered by MUSL.
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “MUSL” refer to the Multi-State Lottery Association. The terms “user”, “you”, or “your” refer to you as a person who interacts with the website(s) or social media pages, and may provide data or information to us.
Information Regarding Cookies and Privacy
- first and last name, if provided on your email account.
If you send MUSL an email requesting information, you may decide, but it is not necessary, to send personally identifying information, such as:
- First and last name.
- Home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- Other identifier that permits the physical or online contact of a natural person.
- Information concerning a natural person that is collected online and maintained in personally identifiable form in combination with another identifier such as name or address.
Information collected through setting up an account or emailing us is used by MUSL solely for the purpose it is intended, such as providing information and responding to requests. MUSL does not sell or rent account or email information to anyone.
Further, you should be aware that such email communications may not be secure. MUSL, its member lotteries, Directors, Officers, and employees are not responsible for any damage caused by obtaining personal or personally identifying information by a third party by any means, including theft, program error, human error, and by any means of malicious intent.
For the protection of website users and MUSL, we will fully cooperate with any member lotteries, law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing MUSL to disclose the identity of anyone allegedly posting any information or materials. We collect and use IP addresses to maximize your experience with and help us improve our website. We collect and use information that you choose to share with us and may use the information to communicate with you in various ways, including via emails, and newsletters. Please follow the prompts on the website to unsubscribe from the list and to have your contact information removed from our database.
If you participate in a survey, send an email to us, or subscribe to an electronic newsletter, the website will gather the following information, some of which may be considered personally identifiable information. If you use social media, and “like” or “follow” us, we may collect information such as your username. We may also collect domain name, location, or IP addresses.
Use of Your Information
MUSL may use the information we receive from and about you to enhance our business activities and communicate with you by sending you requested information and responding to your questions.
Social Media Postings
MUSL may set up social media pages that are intended for fans to engage in a fun and interactive dialogue about promotions and lottery games. MUSL reserves the right to block individuals who provide information as defined below, and delete content that:
- is abusive, defamatory, threatening, profane or obscene;
- is fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading;
- violates the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity or other intellectual property right of another;
- contains or links to any virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other form of malware or harmful code;
- contains the personal information of others, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers;
- violates any law or regulation;
- is otherwise offensive, considered SPAM, or is not constructively contributing to the community.
MUSL shall remain the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title, and interest in and to all specifically copyrighted information created and posted for inclusion in this system. Users should assume, unless otherwise specifically noted, that everything you see or, in the case of livestreams, hear on a MUSL website, and any files or programming related to the website, are protected by proprietary rights, such as copyrights and trademark registrations. Absence of a specific notice of proprietary rights, such as a copyright notice, does not necessarily mean that the item is in the public domain. Unauthorized copying or use of items from the website can lead to enforcement actions by the holders of proprietary rights. Visitors and users may not recopy, distribute, publicly display, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use for public or commercial purposes any of the contents of the website, such as text, images, audio, and video, without MUSL's prior written permission. Please send an email to legal@MUSL.com for permission requests.
MUSL welcomes hyperlink establishment to its web sites. The link should be established under the following conditions:
- It should be established to the home page of the web site at www.powerball.com or www.musl.com.
- None of our website pages should be framed or inserted.
- It should not be construed as any form of Powerball or MUSL’s endorsement of your website or any sort of co-operation, partnership, or joint venture between us.
- Only the name and the web site address of Powerball or MUSL can be displayed on your website that is linked with our websites.
- You may not use any logo (e.g., Powerball, Lotto America, etc.) without our express written approval.
MUSL when appropriate, may use links to other websites. MUSL is not responsible for the contents of any of the information on any websites linked with its website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MUSL or its members.
Use of the MUSL information technology system to send unsolicited and email to MUSL's members or its employees is prohibited.
Choice of Law
Construction of the disclaimers above and resolution of disputes thereof are governed by the laws of the state of Iowa. The laws of the state of Iowa shall apply to all uses of this data and this system. By use of this system and any data contained therein, the user agrees that use shall conform to all applicable laws and regulations and user shall not violate the rights of any third parties.
*The Multi-State Lottery Association is an unincorporated nonprofit association established under Iowa Code Chapter 501B.