***$1 Million Drawing to be Broadcast on ***“Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2023” on ABC
Los Angeles, CA– MRC Live & Alternative and** POWERBALL®** announced today that they are teaming up for the fourth consecutive year to present the “Powerball First Millionaire of the Year®.” Players from participating lottery jurisdictions will travel to New York City to ring in the New Year and have the chance to win $1 million in a special drawing broadcast live on “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2023,” the No. 1 New Year’s Eve programming special, on ABC.
“We’re excited to have our players return to New York City for this truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.” said May Scheve Reardon, Powerball Product Group Chair and Missouri Lottery Executive Director. “This has become a powerhouse partnership between Powerball and MRC Live & Alternative to be able to showcase the exhilarating moment of a new millionaire every New Year.”
“Powerball First Millionaire of the Year” Highlights:
- For the first time since 2019, players will return to New York City to participate in the promotion in person.
- Participating lotteries will once again hold contests or drawings to randomly select a national pool of semi-finalists for the $1 million prize.
- The following lottery jurisdictions will participate in this year’s promotion: Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana (Hoosier), Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington D.C., West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
- The Powerball First Millionaire of the Year winner will be announced from the set of the Powerball New Year’s Eve party just after midnight in Times Square.
- Last year, “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022” took viewers to each of the five finalists’ hometowns. Just after midnight, Brian Mineweaser from Honey Brook, PA, was named the 2022 Powerball First Millionaire of the Year.
For more information on the “Powerball First Millionaire of the Year” promotion, please visit #RockinEve